I’m not a professional athlete, but I like to lead a healthy and active life. I often spend my free time in the gym. Many times I have experienced inflammation and strange flickering in the muscles after a workout.
Maybe I’m not professional in a building muscle through strenuous workouts, but it is not the only requirement to build muscles. Proper nutrition is very important too, and this is a field in which I am a professional.
Well, what should eat someone who lifts weights?
Many people go to the gym to lose weight. What often can discourage them is the fact that the training can be very exhausting. At the same time, they reduce food intake in a wrong way, so they do not have enough power for lifting weights. And motivation dries up very quickly.
I think that investing in a home gym is a great way to stay motivated. You do not have to leave home and to share the gym with other people. I don’t about you, but when I buy something, I use it. I found everything I need to install power racks at home on this site http://garagegympro.com/
Weight lifting is stress for the muscles. To persist in practice, it is important to be disciplined. So, make a schedule that will be followed when it comes to food and exercise. To respect the schedule, it is best to set these power racks in your garage, basement or another part of your house where you will practice. For the diet, follow a few rules:
- Do not skip breakfast. Make a weekly plan for breakfast or eat without a plan, but do not underestimate the importance of this meal. It will give you energy for the shortage of the day. You can start the day with some tasty omelet, smoothie or cereals.
- Eat every three hours. Yes, even though you have decided to reduce the amount of food that you consume. The best way to not be hungry and to prevent overeating or undernourishment is to eat more meals but in smaller quantities.
- Eat proteins. Proteins are very important for building muscle and essential if you plan to burn fat and build muscle mass. So, what to eat? You can start the day with eggs, eat some red meat for lunch, have some dairy products for the dinner. Also, good sources of protein are fish and poultry.
- Do not skip fruits and vegetables. Yes, the proteins are important, but also vitamins and fibers. Therefore, you should include fruit snacks, or add some vegetables to the meat that you have prepared for lunch. For instance, make a baked potato that will be a source of carbohydrates with a dark chicken meat because it is a source of iron and hemoglobin which brings oxygen to the muscles.
- Eat carbohydrates. Many people will blame the excessive consumption of carbohydrates for their overweight. That does not mean you should completely remove them. Restrict them. For example, eat them after a hard workout. Carbohydrates are not just sweets. These are also the bread, rice, pastas, potatoes. Choose whole- grain varieties, and avoid white.
Proper diet will provide enough energy to exercise and to shorten the time to results. So you will long remain motivated and persist in exercising.